1. What Information Is Collected?
When you visit this website, two types of information may be collected: “Personal Information” (data that could potentially identify you as a specific individual) that you choose to disclose to us and is collected on an individual basis, and “Non-personal Information” which is collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse the site.
“Personal Information” and “Non-personal Information” that we may collect includes:
• Mailing and Billing Addresses
• Phone Number
• Email Address
• Credit card number and other financial information
• Date of Birth
• Passport Number
• Membership/Account Number
• Loyalty account numbers associated with specific car, air, or hotel providers
• Transactional information such as travel or shopping details of purchases you made on this website
• The names and information of people or children travelling with you (e.g. when purchasing airline tickets or cruise)
• IP Address
• Browser and Device Information
• Geolocation information
• Travel preferences and search activity
• Demographic information
• Anonymous statistical data
2. How Do We Collect This Data?
• When you Register for a membership account.
• When you Use your membership account for any of our website services, we keep track of your travel preferences and search history to provide suggestions that may be beneficial to you.
• When you Make a Purchase for travel or other product or service, we need to collect your personal information and payment information to facilitate the booking.
• When you Communicate with us via e-mail to inquire about our services, request help with an issue, provide feedback, or complete a survey, we retain this information for optimized customer service.
When you Register with this Site
If you decide to register with this site, it will collect Personal Information about you that you voluntarily share in order to provide you with the services offered on the website. It will be necessary to provide an email address and select a password. The amount and type of information that is gathered depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, visitors who sign up on the Website are asked to provide an email address username to gain access to the Website. You will be asked to provide additional information including, as necessary, the personal and financial information required to process your transactions. You may choose to share other information about yourself; for example, demographic information like your age and gender, and your preferences and experiences (“Other Information”) which may be used to record your preferences in reservations you make, or to tailor your experience at the Website to your interests and make more appropriate recommendations to you. If you prefer not to share this Other Information, this will not hinder your use of the Website to search for and purchase offers presented.
What Are Cookies and How Do We Use Them?
Similar to other commercial websites, this site utilizes this standard cookie technology and Web server logs to collect information about how this site is used. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at this site, and the websites visited just before and just after visiting this site. This site and various vendors that service this site may also use small technology or pieces of code to determine which promotions users have seen and how users have responded to them.
3. How Do We Use the Information You Provide, and Why?
Broadly speaking, personal information is used for purposes of administering and expanding business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to customers and prospective customers. Occasionally, the information collected may be used to notify you about important changes to this website, new services and special offers you may find valuable. If you desire not to receive these offers, simply click the unsubscribe link contained in such email.
Your personal information may be used for many reasons including, but not limited to:
• Creating a membership account, fulfilling membership payment transactions, and managing your account.
• Sending you important information via e-mail regarding your membership account and purchases, such as confirmation e-mails, receipts, and other non-marketing notifications. When needed, in the case of urgent notification related to your travel, we may contact you by phone if we cannot reach you by e-mail.
• Responding to your inquiries or requests.
• Completing travel bookings or other purchases on our site, and processing cancellations and refunds, when required.
• Sending you marketing e-mail communications of products and services that might be of interest to you (subject to your marketing preferences).
• Performing data analysis for the purposes of improving and enhancing our website services, identifying usage trends, and auditing use and functionality of our services.
• Carrying out fraud monitoring and prevention.
• Protecting our website services.
• Providing a customized user experience on the website.
• Supporting you when you contact us to help book travel, or troubleshoot a technical issue.
4. When Do We Share Your Information and With Whom?
The information collected is used to improve the content of this site and the quality of service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes. That being said, your information could be shared under the following circumstances:
• Third parties are used to facilitate your purchases and other business, including, but not limited to, sending email and processing payments. In connection with these offerings and business operations, these third parties may have access to your personal information for use in connection with those business activities. By making a reservation or shopping order on this website, you are authorizing us to disclose the information required to complete the transaction with the associated parties.
• In order to assist you in booking travel, navigating the site, or troubleshooting issues, our Customer Support teams have access to your personal data to perform these functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Customer Support also has access to your personal data in case they need to contact you via phone or e-mail regarding important and/or urgent messages regarding your bookings or member account.
• As the site is developed and in the course of typical business proceedings, assets may be bought or sold and business offerings may change. Customer, email, and visitor information may be one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. Such information may also be transferred in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers or any dissolution.
• If it becomes necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
5. How Do We Protect Your Information?
While no website can guarantee 100% security, we are committed to properly security the information we collect online, and have put in place the appropriate technical, physical, and administrative security procedures to safeguard the personal information you provide to us. To protect your personal information, any information submitted on this site is transmitted securely via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), 128-bit encryption services, and sensitive credit card information is not stored anywhere on our platform. We have employed internal access controls to ensure that the only staff members who have access to your information are those with a need to perform their official duties.
Securty Risk of E-mail Communications
E-mail is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, it is requested that you do not send private information by email. Some of the information you may enter on this site may be transmitted securely via Secure Sockets Layer SSL, 128 bit encryption services. Pages utilizing this technology will have URLs that start with HTTPS instead of HTTP.
6. How Do We Store and Retain Your Data?
Data Storage and Processing
Your information is collected through this website may be stored and processed in the United States, Europe, or any other country in which we, or our subsidiaries, affiliates, or service providers maintain facilities. We may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, to affiliated entities or service providers, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we will not transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
Unless otherwise required by law, we retain the Personal Information have collected for as long as your account is active or otherwise a subset of that personal information may be retained for a period of up to 10 years, as long as we need to fulfill the purposes for which we have initially collected it. To make check-out easier, you have the ability to save your address, phone number, and preferred method of payment on your account profile, but may remove this information at any time.
7. Other Important Information
California Residents and European residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulation of 2018 (GDPR) require that we provide consumers certain information about how we collect, use or disclose your personal information or data. Under the CCPA, “personal information” is any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. It does not include publicly available data as defined by the CCPA. Under the GDPR “Personal data” is information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
If you are a California or an European resident, you have certain rights with respect to your personal information/data as set forth below.
Request to Delete: You may request that we delete personal information we have collected about you, subject to certain exemptions provided by law.
Request to Know: You may request, subject to certain exemptions, that we disclose to you the categories of personal information collected; the categories of sources of personal information; the business or commercial purposes for collecting and selling your personal information; the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; the categories of personal information that we have disclosed or shared with a third party for a business purpose; the categories of third parties to whom your personal information has been sold and the specific categories of personal information sold to each category of third party; and the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you in the prior 12 months.
We do not knowingly collect the personal information of children under the age of thirteen. Because we are committed to protecting children’s privacy online, use of the Website by children under the age of thirteen is prohibited.
Notice of New Services and Changes
Occasionally, the information collected will be used to notify you about important changes to this website, new services, and special offers you might find valuable. As a customer, you will be given the opportunity to state your desire not to receive these offers by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in such email.
What About Other Websites Linked to This Site?
8. Rights to Your Personal Information
Access to Your Personal Information
You have the right to request access to the information we have stored on you. You may request this information by contacting our Data Protection Officer. In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity, and any information you request will be sent electronically, unless the request expressly specifies a different method.
If you believe the information we have about you is incorrect, you may request to have it updated for you by calling or e-mailing us via the contact information linked in the footer of this website.
Information Correction and Deletion
At any time, you have the right to delete any and all information we have about you (i.e., “the right to be forgotten”) by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
This policy was last modified on December 1st, 2022.